The Library of Hattiesburg, Petal and Forrest County is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The Library requires that applicants submit applications on-line. Incomplete applications will not be considered. If no jobs are listed below, there are no open positions at this time.
The Library maintains an email list of persons who wish to be notified when positions become available. If you wish to be included in this list please email firstname.lastname@example.org with “Job Openings” as the subject of your email. Within four working days you should receive notification that you have been added to the list.
If there are open positions, and you wish to apply, click on the link to open the application in PDF format. Download or save the application to your computer. Complete the application and email it as an attachment to email@example.com. The subject line of your email must be “Library Application”. You will receive a confirmation email your application has been received. Selected applicants will be contacted to schedule an interview. Not all applicants will be interviewed.
Employment Application - Outreach Librarian
Keep these tips in mind:
- Make a copy of your application if you want one before you submit it; once received, it is the property of the Library.
- The Library will check references of finalists.
- Employment references must include verifiable contacts and phone numbers.
- If offered a job, you must allow The Library of Hattiesburg, Petal and Forrest County to run a full reference and background investigation, including verification of identification using USCIS E-verify, education, former employment and criminal history.
- If offered a job, you must complete a Department of Homeland Security I-9 Form at the time of hire and must be able to provide two forms of acceptable documentation (original social security card, original or certified birth certificate, valid driver’s license, and / or a current passport) in order to verify your legal right to be employed in the U.S.
- If offered a job, you must comply with COVID-19 safety precautions.
- This position works within the framework of library policies and procedures to provide day to day operations of the library.