The library has five active book clubs.
- Monday Night Book Club – 3rd Monday of each month at 6:00 in Hattiesburg
- Lunch Book Club (Noon) – Last Wednesday of each month in Hattiesburg
- Lunch Book Club (1:15 pm) – Last Wednesday of each month in Hattiesburg
- Petal Book Club – 10:00 am on last Tuesday of each month in Petal
- War & Society Roundtable – 6:00 pm on the second Tuesday of each month in Hattiesburg
We have thirty-eight PCs available for use at the Hattiesburg Library and six at the Petal Library.
There is also an eight computer homework lab with pre-selected educational sites and free printing at the Hattiesburg Library.
Use this service for books not in our collection.
The Library offers different sized rooms for meetings and study. All meetings will be free and open to the public and the media. Meeting room reservation information can be found here.
Help youngsters develop a love for reading by bringing them to the library for story time.
Hattiesburg every Wednesday at 10:00 am.
Petal every Thursday at 10:00 am.
Summer Reading 2019: A Universe of Stories
This year’s program is all about space and coincides with the 50th anniversary of the lunar landing. During summer reading, readers of all ages will explore all things space. Activities include a visit from NASA, magic shows, animal visits, movies and more! All programs are free of charge. Our traditional summer reading program is aimed at library users from birth to eighteen – but check out our special adult summer reading as well.
The library shows feature films Thursdays at 2:00 pm and 5:30 pm - free of charge. Latest movie schedule
The Library can assist with setting up free mail service from the Library of Congress. Fill out and return this application (or have the library mail you a hard copy).